This policy (together with any other documents we refer to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
“We”, “our” or “us” means Greenride Sharing Limited, a registered limited company (number 10027172) our registered address is 42 Shooters Hill Road Shooters Hill Road, Flat C, London, United Kingdom, SE3 7BG.
If you wish to contact us, please email us at email@example.com.
By contacting us, using our Services, or visiting our website (our “site”), you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy unless you inform us otherwise and we agree in writing to a variation of the Policy.
This policy applies to both Service Users and Web Visitors except as otherwise stated for interpretation, the following words have the following meanings:
anyone visiting our site.
any recipient of our Services.
the use of our application “Greenride” and website for arranging the sharing of journeys in private vehicles.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide if you register to use our site, using our Services or enquiring about our Services, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions within our site or within our Service, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you contact us. The information you give us may include your full name, date of birth, gender, address, e-mail address, mobile phone number, location, vehicle registration number, vehicle make and model, financial information and personal description.
In providing us with the details for your Nominated Person , you warrant to us that you have their permission to release such information. We will not use the Nominated Person’s details for any purpose other than to contact them with information of your car share journey including who you are with, where you are going, your estimated time of arrival and your actual arrival time.
If your Nominated Person contacts us to clarify your whereabouts we may release details of your recent use of the App including your desired destination, the details of the same and the Drivers first name, your estimated time of arrival and/or your actual arrival time.
We collect the following information for Web Visitors and Service Users:
· technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
· information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); services you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
· Registration details, Number plate of vehicle, vehicle make and model, location, number of connections/friends publicly available on Facebook and LinkedIn.
Information we receive from other sources.
For Web Visitors and Service Users - We also work with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors, advertising networks, analytics providers, and search information providers) and may receive information about you from them. The information we receive from these third parties will be information that they have collected from you.
For Service Users only - We may receive information about you from third parties for example; we may obtain information from the DVLA, LinkedIn and/or Facebook. When that data is collected from you, you should be informed by those third parties at that stage that it may be shared internally by us and combined with data collected from multiple sources.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
We will use this information to:
· to notify you about changes to our Service;
· to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
Where you have indicated to us that you are happy for us to do so, we may also use this information to provide you (or permitted third parties to provide you with) information about:
· other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already enquired about or receive from us; and
· goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail, SMS, post and social media accounts) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please leave the relevant box blank situated on the form on which we collect your data.
Examples of how we will use this information include (but are not limited to);
· to administer our Services, and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
· to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
· to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services, when you choose to do so;
· as part of our efforts to keep our Services, site and premises safe and secure;
· to measure or understand the effectiveness of our service.
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
For Service Users only - we do not share any info with other Service Users other than your first name, age range, profile picture, profile content (as provided by you), feedback (given by others Service Users), gender preference, number of connections/friends publicly available on Facebook and/or LinkedIn, Vehicle information (including number plate, make, model, MOT and TAX validity), location of collection location and destination.
You agree that we can share your personal information with:
· For Service Users only - MangoPay, DVLA and Google for the performance of any contract we enter into with you to allow us to provide our Services to you (including but not limited to the Services), and only where they are under a duty to deal with your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679);
· any legal authority and/or relevant insurance companies in the event of an incident/accident;
· your Nominated Person as detailed above; and,
· For Web Visitors only - analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
· In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
· For Service Users only - to provide our Services.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or on secure servers operated by a third party. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of data and information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
By using our Service, Service Users agree that their location will be tracked for as long as the Service User uses the Service. Tracking functionality may be disabled or limited by a Service User with in their device settings, but this will prevent the Service from being delivered.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will ask for your permission before collecting your data if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. If you have given us permission to disclose information about you to a third party, you may revoke that permission at any time by contacting us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may, from time to time, provide links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We will not store your personal data for any longer than is necessary.
For Service Users only - If you are a user of our Services, then your information will be held for as long as you continue to use our Services.
If you cease to use our Services, your personal data will be anonymised for statistical purposes and archived within 12 months of the date you stop using our Services.
You have the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (or any equivalent legislation). Any access request may be subject to a fee of up to £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.